Gillian Ortega came to the USA in 1979 with a dream in her heart of living in the richest, freest country in the world. She only had $20 in her pocket.
- Former career: NBA Cheerleader and Systems Operations Manager
- Director: November 1990
- Won 7 cars, including 6 pink Cadillacs.
- She is currently driving her National car, a CLK 430 Convertible Mercedes Benz …platinum with a black top.
- National Queen's Court of Sales Winner.
- Her unit has been #1 in Kansas City , MO for 11 years in her role as Director .
She reached the following units clubs and earned the rewards that go with them:
- $500,000 three times
- $600,000 and a trip to Germany
- $650,000 and a cruise to Greek Isles
- $800,000 and a cruise to Alaska and Canada
- $1,000,000 and a trip to Hawaii , Maui and Kuai
- $1,100,000 and a trip to Switzerland , Venice and France
- $1,000,000 and the TOP DIRECTOR TRIP to Scotland and Ireland
- Marbella , Spain on her first NSD trip and then onto cruise around Italy in 2003 and 2004 a five star trip to Montreaux , Switzerland .
- She has recently been given the honor of being appointed into the “Manchesters Who's Who among Executive and Professional Women in America .”
- She is a brand new author who has just finished her book “ It is not where you start it is where you finish!” with the author of More Than A Pink Cadillac Jim Underwood. The book will parallel her life in Ireland and coming to the US with $20 in her pocket in search of the American dream. Look for it on the bookshelves of Barnes & Noble in Spring of 2005 with the publishing house John Wiley & Sons the largest publishing house in the world. Her book will be translated in eight different languages and marketed around the world.
- She has earned nine diamond rings from the company weighing in at over 30 carats. She was National Go give for the company in 2000 the highest honor in Mary Kay.
- She is currently the ONLY National Sales Director in the KCMO area in the 40 year history of Mary Kay Inc. To date only 180 women hold that coveted position out of a Million women in the sales-force. Her income per year has exceeded over $200,000.
Highest commission in one month was $34,000! She is a Mary Kay Millionaire earning way over one million dollars in her career. She is married to Vince, a Lt. Col. on the KCMO police department. She has a son, Vince Jr., who is 18. and aspires to be a Major League Pitcher one day and is on his way to his American Dream.
One of her best qualities….empowering other people to new levels of excellence in their lives.
Her favorite Quote: The doors of opportunity are marked PUSH!